Thursday, July 24, 2008

introducing myself

It is very difficult to create a blog without giving away who you are - it makes for very boring reading. How much information to divulge? Oh what the heck, here goes...

I have been a librarian for a long time, a very long time, and I still love it, not only the work but the whole scene - the books, the people I get to meet and my colleagues. I feel very lucky to work in such a happy environment. But library work is only one part of my life. I also love my walking and the outdoors, having adventures while travelling both in New Zealand and the rest of the world, pottering around at home doing bits and pieces of craft work - a jill of all trades, mistress of none. I love being part of the community team looking after our local park, weeding and planting and caring for the environment, learning all the time about our native bush. I also have a very full family life; my family ranges in age from 90 years old to 2 months old, so my help is required on a regular basis. Hardly any time to fit in the reading

1 comment:

Zipperty-doo-dah said...

well that gives your identity away! to those of us who know you anyway. I know you would rather be away hiking overseas at the moment but we're enjoying your company so are glad that you're here with us.