Sunday, October 12, 2008

Wrapup

When starting this whole exercise I had absolutely no idea what to expect, so approached it with excitement mixed with a little bit of trepidation. It has taken a whole lot longer than anticipated, as I fell into a hole halfway through. With wonderful help and encouragement from Sarah (thanks, Sarah), I have soldiered on. It did feel a slog at times but what a wonderful relief on reaching the end. I have learnt a lot and have realised how much more there is to learn.

Change, change and more change is the order of the day in the 21st century, and if one is not willing to embrace it, one will be left far behind. I am really pleased to have worked through Web 2.0; as a result of the programme I feel more open to exploring the fun aspect of the Web and in developing my skills independently.

Flickr, Youtube and Del.icio.us have been the sites I have enjoyed the most. I would love to surprise my family with my knowledge and skill in exploring the internet and its various applications - I know I am a long way off, but I now feel I have started on the journey.

1 comment:

NSL Training Support Team said...

Congratulations on sticking with the programme and reaching the end. It's great you have gained a lot more knowledge and skills and it looks like you have discovered the Web is not such a scary place!
We have really appreciated the teamwork all our colleagues have shown through this programme too.
Well done, and keep exploring!